WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Finished excavator sign

Yesterday Rebecca put the finishing touches on the excavator sign. She did an awesome job on the paint!  This thing looks like it has been digging holes for a long while! It has a lot of character.


I'll be at the USSC (United States Sign Council) show in Atlantic City this coming week doing three seminar presentations there. One of the presentations will be a lecture on how we create our dimensional signs using modern materials, software and tools. I'll be using this sign as the project and I'll be going through the process step by step from start to finish.

When I'm not presenting I'll be on the floor show most likely around the EnRoute or MultiCam booths. 

If any readers are going to that show I'd love to meet you!

-dan