WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Friday, April 8, 2011

ISA - Las Vegas

Trade shows are a great place to see what is new in the sign industry, in equipment, materials and software. We can find just about everything pertaining to our industry at that kind of event. But I go to trade shows for much more than that. I go for information and education. Through trade shows I discovered CNC routers, the best software to build my files, and the materials I use to create my signs.The trade shows are also a great place to find inspiration and ideas. 

The biggest sign industry trade show is the ISA show, to be held this year in Las Vegas, April 28-30, only a few weeks away. I'll be there!



It was six years ago, at this same trade show I first saw a CNC router in action for the very first time and watched it work with total awe. That show was where I started my quest for knowledge about routers, software and materials to route best with.

I have been asked to attend the trade show this year on behalf of MultiCam. I'll be at their booth, speaking about my experiences with my MultiCam 3000 router as a user of the machine. I'll have my computer there, both to show my portfolio of routered signs and also to show first hand, to those interested, just how I go about creating the files and putting together the signs. I'll be there to answer any and all questions about what I feel is important when looking for a router, base on my own personal experience.

I am looking forward to seeing lots of new things this year, meeting up with lots of long time friends and acquaintances. I'm also looking forward to meeting lots of new folks.

See you in Las Vegas!

-dan