WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Little bit of handwork goes a long way.

This afternoon  I spent a few minutes with the die grinder taking out the seams and adding a little texture to  two of the signs currently on the go. The top, center decoration was shaped by hand - a quicker solution than hand building the piece. 


The Tortoise Beer sign also got the die grinder treatment. I carved in the scroll detail and textured up the sides to match the front. It only took a few minutes to accomplish.


While I worked the MultiCam was finishing off the two sides of the fox restaurant sign.


I have to double check the measurements between the two eyebolts on the branch before I weld up the steel support that will be laminated inside the two sides of the sign.

-dan