WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Busy day in the shop

 Today we spent the day in the shop, priming the routed pieces we had routed over the last weeks. As the fan dried the primer we applied the coats of base colors, brightening things up in a hurry. I'll let things harden up overnight before we apply the glazes to tie everything together and pop the dimension and texture of the sign. Lastly the lettering will be painted to finish things up.


The mirror frames and washroom signs also got all the base coats of paint.  In the next days they will be ready to put up on the walls and the bathroom put into service.


The welded steel bathroom partitions also got the finishing touches, door latches, hooks and door stops. They too will be transported to the worksite and installed tomorrow.


The MultiCam was kept busy all through the day, routing the last of the mirror frames and the starting pieces of the Master's Bugle sign which I had posted here a while ago. It too is looking pretty fine with only one more piece to route in order to begin assembly. Things are coming together but we have a ways to go yet.

-dan