WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day one of Toronto Sign Magic Workshop a success!

Each Sign Magic Workshop is so different from the others, determined in large part by the students who attend. In this case it is even more different than the others because it is the first one on the road. Yesterday was spent purchasing supplies and making sure everything was in place. The folks at MultiCam Canada went out of their way to make sure everything was ready and set up. We used their trade show display setup as a backdrop, complete with pieces I had done for them some time ago. I felt very much at home.

This time the group is small, allowing me lots of one on one time - perfect for teaching.Most folks are from the Toronto area but we have others from further afield including Georgia, USA.  EJ Nodurft, from SAinternational (EnRoute) is our guest teacher and doing a fabulous job at presenting the technical side of things. This crew was eager to get their hands dirty and we made good progress on the hands-on portion of the worshop. We have some great looking projects in progress already!


We put in a twelve hour day today and I could see people were pretty excited about what they were seeing. This is what makes these workshops d delightful for me as I see people inspired to continue long after the workshop ends.


Tomorrow morning we gather again and pick up where we left off today. I can hardly wait!

-dan