WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ready set go!

The last day before a trip is always a little hectic. I've been making lists, putting things aside and getting ready, but the last day always seems to go a little sideways anyway - no matter how well I think I am.

Today I spent the day onsite with my crew, making sure everything was ready for them to be on their own for the next four days. My task, besides making sure they had all they needed was to lay down the texture coat of plaster on the walls and ceilings of the areas they are to paint. In the next days they will put the finish paints and patinas on the walls of the restaurant and entry areas of the Fox and Hounds, That will leave the patinas on the bricks alone to do on those areas. One more day of paint when I get back and then we are on to the next area of the pub. It is exciting and looking pretty spiffy too! I can hardly wait to see it when I get back.




As I worked today my mind was on the Toronto, Canada Sign Magic Workshop to start on Thursday morning. I was reviewing my material in my head and going through my mental checklist again and again. I don't want to forget anything. I also want to give the very best workshop I possibly can. While I have given over a dozen workshops to date I don't forget for a second that those who sign up are excited about what they will be learning. This is a BIG deal for them and a big investment too. My goal is to exceed their expectations by a large measure.

Besides my computer and iPad, my teaching kit is small. The folks at MultiCam Canada have been busy routing our needed samples. My friends at Coastal Enterprises have sent a stock of Precision Board and primer for us to play with. There is a good stock of Abracadabra Sculpt on hand for us to sculpt up a storm. I'll spend Wednesday buying paint and supplies which I can't take on the plane. 


I am very excited about jumping on a plane tomorrow...

Ready set GO!

-dan