WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Still stuck in the attic

The router has been silent for far too long and the jobs lined up for it are patiently waiting. That will be cured starting this weekend. Some new projects were approved today which will be very challenging. Stay tuned for them.

In the meantime we continue work in the attic with great progress. My son Peter is helping me on this project. He worked with my as my right hand man for better than fourteen years. The truth is anything I can do he can do just as well, sometimes better. Communicating my thoughts to him is done shorthand for he can literally finish my sentences. He left my crew to work as an animator, and for the last three years has been getting his degree in mathematics with the goal of becoming a high school math teacher. In his semester breaks he sometimes comes to work with me. We always have a lot of fun!


The next two shots are panorama shots, a little distorted but they give a good idea of how it all fits together. The center area measured about 12' x 16' x ten feet high.








By day's end the chimneys were ready for the concrete work which we will begin tomorrow. We are on track to finish this part of the project by late next week - right on schedule!

-dan