WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another piece installed.

Today we made a quick trip to the Fox and Hounds to install the scroll on the stage. New Year's celebrations are only days away and all eyes will be on the stage during that event.

Peter & I bundled the finished piece and stopped it into the back of the pickup. Installations went quick and easy. We lifted it into place, centered and leveled it before drilling the holes and fastening it to the wall. Some carefully placed holes were drilled through the sign and faux cement bricks, before some long wood screws were popped into place. We were done as quick as that, finishing off another area of the pub. The weathered and textured scroll looks great with the bricks and the chainsaw carved wooden sculptures of the Fox and Hounds (done by others).

A good picture was impossible with the lighting present and the pocket camera I had handy as they come out either washed out or too dark. In person it looks fabulous and fits in perfectly with everything else.


Today we are having a somewhat lazy day, easing back into the work flow. Tomorrow we'll begin once again in earnest.

-dan