WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Monday, November 12, 2012

Down to the short strokes (of paint)

The Sunshine Homes sign has been dominating our shop space for quite some time. We've walked and worked around it since fabrication began. Rebecca painted the rock work with blends of grey and back and then we added two colors of speckles to make it look like granite. We did that using an undercoat gun which works extremely well. The key is to use low air pressure - about 25 lbs. Today we are doing the last of the painting process, the grout lines and small touch-ups. Sarah and Hailey did that work today. I didn't get a shot of Hailey but grabbed these of Sarah as she squeezed into the top to do the tricky work there.



All that is left now is to install the LED lighting and then move the sign out to the parking lot in readiness for loading on the truck. As soon as the LED's arrive I'll document that process and then the sign will be on the way at last.

-dan