WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, February 1, 2014

MAGIC WORKSHOPS OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

As much as I love to dream up wild projects and then build them, teaching others to do these things is also a great deal of fun. Since 2007 we have been hosting workshops and welcomed well over a hundred eager students from around the world including across Canada and the United States, (and Hawaii), Germany, Sweden, Holland, the Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand.
I've been getting many emails lately, asking about our workshops and when the next ones might be held. We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting two workshops in the fall of this year.
The first will be our SIGN MAGIC WORKSHOP which is to be held Friday-Sunday September 26, 27, 28, 2014. This workshop will cover a wide variety of subjects including design, marketing, creation of 3D routing files, a little sculpture and our painting techniques. For those interested bring your workclothes for this is a hands-on workshop.


The second workshop wil be our SCULPTURE MAGIC WORKSHOP which is to be held the following Friday-Sunday October 3, 4, 5, 2014. This workshop covers our methods of sculpting including the design, building of the armatures and the sculpting of fiberglass reinforced concrete and sculpting epoxy. This too is definitely a hands-on workshop. Students will get their hands dirty as they weld, mix concrete, sculpt and paint.


I'm looking forward to sharing as much as possible through the workshops!
-dan