WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Monday, October 12, 2015

Working out ideas - part two

The second vehicle I was working on was the punchline for the project - one that would inject a little humour into the piece. It is a fellow on a motorcycle with his girl in tow - literally. In h3e beginning of the sketch she was riding on the back of the bike, but as I scribbled I got a better idea. I imagined that as this dude took off his girl would start to fall off the back but grab on to the seat bar and hang on for dear life. In the sketchbook it is drawn as two separate drawings which I would combine in the final drawing after I scanned it into my computer. There's been a few more ideas come to mind on this concept since my drawing but they will have to wait until the build to be revealed.