WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Friday, June 24, 2016

It is all about the details!


Using EnRoute and our Multicam CNC plasma cutter has allowed us to put in an incredible amount of detail into the Viking ship project for Motiongate in Dubai. The battle axes are a great example. It was a quick process to design the files using EnRoute. It boiled down to a simple outline of the axe and then the detailed pattern cutout. A second piece of sheet metal was cut to weld behind the pattern. When welded up it gave the illusion of engraved metal. The wedge shaped pieces which were welded in to give the axes a taper were also created using EnRoute and the MultiCam CNC plasma cutter.

Today we did the last of the painting on the target features and the axes look absolutely fabulous!