WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, October 1, 2016

First prototype for NEBs sculpted

Using EnRoute and the MultiCam CNC router and plasma cutter made quick work of the prototype armatures for NEBs Fun World's bowling centre arch, post and beam. We cut the spacers for the number plates and shield and fastened them over the metal lath. We also designed and routed a carved 'wood' insert for the post. The concrete surrounding this panel would be made to match. When we paint up the post this panel will be darkened to accentuate it's depth and then the twisted vine and leaves will be dry brushed to make them pop off the surface.

Then the crew troweled on the fibreglass reinforced concrete and sculpted in the woodgrain, bricks and stones. Crumbled plaster was added judiciously over certain areas. Everything is designed to bolt to custom stands for transport. Hard lift and bolting together points are designed in from the start.




Everything will be allowed to cure for a few days and then we will paint these prototypes. They will set the tone and serve as a model for the scores of pieces to follow. Once these pieces are done we will kick the project into production mode and get the project rolling at high speed.