WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Last of the big pieces for the PNE

This past Thursday was delivery day for the last of the large pieces for the PNE. We loaded the two big pieces onto the low bed semi truck with a large crane in our yard and then headed into the city sixty-five miles distant. The trip went off without incident.


At the other end of our journey a second crane was waiting and we hooked up the pieces and hoisted them into place. The globe with the bugs holding it up weighed in at about 3,800 lbs. The dancing bug was then lifted up last and easily slid into position. Everything bolted into place in minutes.



It was a simple matter of hooking up the tree on the attachment points and slinging it into position. Our client will decide on a final position and then pour a concrete base for the sign. There are five bolt holes plasma cut into the steel plate base to facilitate permanent installation.



The ladybug holding the tuned out really nice. Ut's plenty sturdy with it's welded steel framework inside.



Since we dropped off the Flutterby sign/operator's booth last time they have installed the fence panels we did plus the ride. We are currently fabricating some gates and five more fence panels to complete this project.