WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Sunday, April 16, 2017

The next dream project

With each project we tackle our goal is to raise the bar far higher than we ever have previously. Each piece of the puzzle incorporates all we've learned before.

The projects that have offered us the most creative freedom are our own personal projects. With that in mind we have latched our latest project. It's a big one...  our most ambitious yet!

The project will be four little inns on one property. Each luxury inn will be themed to a separate story. Current themes include a castle, a hobbit style house, an inventor's lair and an explorer's place. All will be heavily themed both inside and out. Each will be about 600 square feet with a private garden of similar size.

As we do the concept designs we are thinking of how we will build each piece. The key is exquisite detail throughout. And our MultiCam router and plasma cutter will play a huge role in the construction. The materials too are important as we want the place to be durable and long lasting. This means plenty of fibreglass reinforced concrete and 30 lb Precision Board throughout.

Stay tuned for a most excellent adventure!